Highly addictive, reflex-testing mobile game ‘Snake’ on old ‘Nokia’ brick phones is reviving itself from the dead. It is recently reported that ‘Snake’ is heading towards modern smartphones and tablets with a new name ‘Snake Rewind’ which will be released on May 14th by game developer ‘Rumilus Design’ and ‘Taneli Armanto’.
For those who have no idea what this game is about, ‘Snake’ gives you control of a slithering serpent during feeding time, you’d have to get its mouth in the same line as its pixel food, often by twisting and contorting its continuously elongating body using the keyboard. It might sound lame described like that, but over a decade ago, it occupied the throne which ‘Candy Crush’ is sitting on.
I don’t possibly believe that it will be as exciting as the previous classic version in terms of game-play, i still believe it is much better to play that kind of game with some actual buttons instead of touch-screen, gives away a lot of control and precision. However it is clear that developers were desperate for a re-boot anyway, one that’s much innovative, more colorful with a bunch of power-ups to be able to entice new generation of players.
These are some of the following features which will be available such as:
- REWIND THE SNAKE TO CONTINUE THE GAME EVEN AFTER CRASHING!
- MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF SPECIAL FRUIT, WITH UNIQUE POWERS AND EFFECTS!
- 10 LEVELS WITH DISTINCT VISUALS AND MUSIC, UNLOCKED BY COMPLETING FUN AND CHALLENGING MISSIONS!
- FRUIT STORE WHERE BOOSTERS AND ITEMS CAN BE UPGRADED AND PURCHASED, USING FRUIT THAT YOU COLLECT WHILE PLAYING!
- COMPETE AGAINST OTHER PLAYERS FOR HIGHER SCORES AND RANKINGS ON THE LEADERBOARDS, CONNECT WITH FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK!
- FILL THE WHOLE SCREEN WITH THE SNAKE AND FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS THEN!
The biggest highlight for this game perhaps will be the power to “rewind” the game (hence, the name) after getting a Game Over. Developers are also promising different themes and various special effects. At the moment, it’s unclear if ‘Snake Rewind’ will be a paid or a freemium app, but it will be available for iOS, Android and Windows devices when it comes out. As to whether it can reclaim its throne, your guess is as good as mine.