Nokia offically announced their sequel to the most successful Windows Phone handset of all time. The Nokia Lumia 525 is real, and it has just been fully revealed. Appearing as a successor to the popular Lumia 520, the Lumia 525 keeps the swappable covers (orange, yellow or white) like previous Lumia models with 1 GB of RAM.
Apart from he RAM upgrade, the new phone is almost similar to the 520. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 chipset with a 1 GHz dual-core CPU and Adreno 305 GPU. Other specs include a 5 megapixel auto-focus camera, 8 GB internal storage, and microSD card slot (up to 64 GB).
Apart from software, the 525 runs Windows Phone 8 Update 3 out-of-the-box. Being a Lumia device, the phone comes with a set of exclusive apps including Photobeamer, HERE maps, Nokia Mix Radio, and Nokia Camera. Yes, it’s the same camera app that we’ve seen on the Lumia 1020.
According to Nokia Singapore has some information on pricing and availability. We’re looking at a launch around December 14 and pricing starting at SGD 249 (about 198 USD).
Nokia Lumia 525 Specification, Price and availability:
- Windows Phone 8 with Lumia Black software
- 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 dual-core processor
- 4-inch IPS LCD screen with WVGA (800×480) resolution and Super Sensitive Touch
- 5-megapixel rear camera with f/2.4 aperture lens, no flash
- 8 GB of internal storage, MicroSD card slot for up to an additional 64 GB
- Bluetooth 4.0 support
- 1430 mAh battery
- Stereo headset bundled-in
- Exchangeable glossy battery covers in Orange, Yellow, and White
- December 14, 2013 (expected)
- 198 USD (expected)